Part time, year round; hours vary
Typically 5-10hrs/week evenings and weekends
The Open Gym Attendant is a part time position that reports directly to the Fitness Manager and is the Park District’s on site representative during open gym play at the Fort Hill Activity Center. The Open Gym Attendant is responsible for the proper operation all components of open gym.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet guests and answer general information questions.
- Ensure that the open gym activities are operating in a timely fashion.
- Act as the Park District’s on site representative during open gym play.
- Report promptly for work dressed appropriately, wearing Naperville Park District shirt.
- Establish and maintain a centralized work area to provide general assistance to open gym patrons.
- Maintain a working knowledge of current park district programs.
- Oversee and operate all open gym programs, including, but not limited to basketball, volleyball, pickle ball and badminton.
- Oversee access and check-in to open gyms for fitness members and daily pass users.
- Safely set up and take down all equipment associated with each open gym.
- Maintain neat and accurate open gym usage records.
- Work with Program Managers to keep equipment in proper order and location, monitoring storage areas in the gym.
- Enforce open gym rules and guidelines.
- Report and complete accident reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Document and communicate any difficult situations or behaviors to the Fitness Center Manager and/or Park Police immediately.
- Attend all mandatory meetings and training clinics.
- Demonstrate and support park district customer service standards.
- Maintain a proactive approach to safety and risk management.
- Follow and model compliance with all District, State, Federal and departmental safety and risk management, personnel, administrative policies and procedures, ordinances and regulations.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Distribute written communication as necessary or requested by the Park District.
- Assists the Fitness Center Manager by reporting safety issues and reporting inventory in need of replacement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge/understanding of the games of basketball, volleyball, pickle ball and badminton.
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Must be at least 19 years old
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR, AED and First Aid certification within three (3) months of date of hire.
- Available to work weeknights, school holidays and occasional weekends.
- Occasionally lift, carry and/or move object(s) weighing ≤ 25 lbs. Lifting assistance is required when lifting ≥ 25 lbs.