$14.00 per hour
Part Time-Year Round
Flexible hours; Saturday & Sunday between 9:30 - 7:00pm
Under the direct supervision of the Party Coordinator, the Party Host is a year round part time position responsible for hosting and overseeing birthday parties. Major duties include, but are not limited to, setting up and cleaning, leading party activities, customer service functions, and providing pre-packaged food..
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Set up party room/gym.
- Greet and meet the host and guests in attendance for the party.
- Assist customer by bringing in any party supplies.
- Implement and lead activities and games.
- Serve pre-packaged food.
- Maintain positive and effective working relationships with supervisor, other employees, parents/guardians, children and the guests.
- Maintain supply list needed for parties.
- Assist customer with taking their party supplies, leftover food and gifts back to their vehicle after the party.
- Clean up after the party and return supplies to storage areas in a neat and organized manner.
- Arrive to parties promptly and prepared for scheduled hours.
- Communicate effectively with patrons and staff regarding safety concerns, and with Party Coordinator regarding equipment and supply needs.
- Maintain a proactive approach to safety and risk management. Report all accidents and incidents in a timely manner. Conduct timely accident investigations, complete accurate and timely accident and incident reports.
- Demonstrate and support park district customer service standards.
- Follow district and departmental safety, personnel, and administrative policies, procedures and ordinances.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Notify Party Coordinator when supplies or equipment need to be ordered or restocked.
- Record and communicate any difficult situations to Party Coordinator immediately.
- Substitute for other party host staff as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must be enthusiastic, outgoing, creative, engaged, detail oriented, and positive.
- Must be able to adapt and work with a variety of people and situations.
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize party activities; use time efficiently
- Able to maintain composure in periods of high activity and difficult situations including the capacity to proactively handle conflicts, resolve problems and work well under pressure.
- Proficient customer service, problem-solving, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Exhibit a keen awareness of surroundings.
- Able to work independently in day-to-day operations with general supervision from the Party Coordinator.
Education and Experience:
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR & First Aid certification within three
(3) months of date of hire.
- Experience working with pre-school and early elementary age children.
- Knowledge of age appropriate activities and games.
- Must be at least 15 with the ability to obtain a work permit.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including weekends and evenings.
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Able to perform duties which include lifting, stooping, bending, twisting, and sitting on the floor with party participants.
- Able to lift light to medium weight (30 lbs.) objects.