$13.00 - $16.00/hr
Schedules vary; afternoons and weekends 8-12 hours/week
Under the direct supervision of the Tennis Coordinator, the Tennis Assistant Instructor is a part time position responsible for assisting the Lead or Certified Tennis Instructor in teaching tennis to the program participants and implementation of on-site activities and instruction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise program participants.
- Implement tennis activities and provide instruction to participants on specific activities as directed by the Lead or Certified Tennis Instructor.
- Teach participants in the absence of the Lead Instructor per lesson plan.
- Maintain park district and school district equipment and facility in a clean and orderly manner.
- Communicate effectively with participants, parents and staff regarding rule infractions, questions and concerns.
- Conducts first aid procedures as necessary.
- Demonstrate and support park district customer service standards.
- Follow district and departmental safety, personnel, and administrative policies, procedures and ordinances.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Distribute written communication to participants as necessary.
- Notify Tennis Coordinator when supplies need to be ordered or restocked.
- Record and communicate any difficult situations or behaviors to the Tennis Coordinator immediately.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related tasks as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of specific activity.
- Ability to instruct participants in specific activities and skills.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and leadership skills.
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Must have experience working with children.
- Must have tennis experience.
- Subject to modified/flexible work schedule.
- Subject to outside environmental conditions.
- Ability to occasionally lift light to medium weight (20-50 lbs.) objects.
- Must provide own tennis racket and footwear.