Schedules vary between Monday - Sunday, 3:30pm - 12:00am
Under the direct supervision of the Custodial Manager, the Custodial Assistant position is responsible for performing assigned custodial duties at the District’s indoor facilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain and clean indoor facility equipment, such as counters, cabinets, tables, chairs, kitchen equipment and utensils, miscellaneous program equipment, and floors.
- Collect garbage from classrooms.
- Assist with classroom set up for programs and rentals and tidying up after programs and rentals.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with residents, customers, vendors, community partners and co-workers.
- Follow and model compliance with all District, State, Federal and departmental safety and risk management, personnel, administrative policies and procedures, ordinances and regulations.
- Maintain a proactive approach to safety and risk management. Report all accidents, incidents and unsafe conditions in a timely manner.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Skill in performing a variety of cleaning and manual tasks.
- Ability to work in a team atmosphere which promotes positive working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to work independently in day to day operations with general direction from the supervisor.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
Education and Experience
- Subject to inside environmental conditions.
- Exposure to chemicals, dust, fumes, dirt, and loud noise.
- Subject to modified/flexible work schedule.
- Ability to lift light to medium weight (20-30 lbs.) objects.
- Occasional manipulation of assigned program equipment.
- Prolonged lifting, stooping, bending, and twisting for extended periods of time.
- Sustained posture in a standing position for prolonged periods of time.
- Manual dexterity and strength to complete essential duties.