$12.00 - $18.00/hour
Daytime and evening hours available during the week
The Pickleball Instructor is a part time position responsible for teaching pickleball to the program participants and implementation of on-site activities and instruction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise program participants.
- Take attendance and maintain records for Program Manager.
- Implement pickleball activities and provide instruction to participants regarding specific activities.
- Adhere to daily lesson plan as approved by the Program Manager.
- Maintain park district and school district equipment and facility in a clean and orderly manner.
- Communicate effectively with participants, parents and staff regarding rule infractions, questions and concerns.
- Demonstrate and support park district customer service standards.
- Follow district and departmental safety, personnel, and administrative policies, procedures and ordinances.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Administer first aid as necessary.
- Distribute written communication to program participants as needed.
- Notify Program Manager when supplies need to be ordered or restocked.
- Record and communicate any difficult situations or behaviors to the Program Manager immediately.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of pickleball.
- Ability to instruct participants in specific activities and skills related to Pickleball.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and leadership skills.
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Must have pickleball teaching experience.
- Subject to daytime and evening work schedule.
- Subject to outside environmental conditions.
- Ability to occasionally lift light medium weight (20) objects and use a cart to move heavier items.
- Must provide own pickleball paddle and footwear.