Monday-Sunday;15-20 hours per week
The Golf Shop Cashier/Sales Associate position is responsible for collecting appropriate fees, taking reservations, verifying residency and assisting in merchandise sales.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Monitor safety of golf patrons.
- Collect appropriate fees.
- Reserve tee times.
- Verify Naperville Park District residency.
- Assist in general maintenance and cleanliness of clubhouse.
- Assist in presentation and sale of merchandise.
- Inform customers about daily information.
- Maintain proper phone protocol.
- Assist other staff with special duties assigned by professional staff.
- Demonstrate and support park district customer service standards.
- Follow district and departmental safety, personnel, and administrative policies, procedures and ordinances.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform job responsibilities of the player assistant/monitors pace of play.
- Perform job responsibilities of the cart/range attendant.
- Perform job responsibilities of the food service cashier.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (i.e., professional ability to attend to customer needs).
- Good computer skills in common software programs.
- Knowledge of the operations of golf course and facilities.
- Excellent cash handling skills.
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Subject to modified/flexible work schedule during high volume work periods.
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Occasional exposure to pesticides and exhaust fumes.
- Ability to lift light to medium weight (20-50 lbs.) objects.