$14.00/hr + DOQ
Schedules vary weekly; Memorial Day - Labor Day
Monday- Friday 10:00am - 8:00pm. Saturday-Sunday 10:00am - 7:30pm
Under the general supervision of the Concession Shift Supervisor, the Cook position is responsible for all day-to-day frontline food preparation and cooking at the Centennial Grill. Major duties include grilling, frying, cleaning/maintaining cooking equipment, sanitation, food/refrigeration temperature checks, dish duty.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Cook food per recipes provided by the Food & Beverage Manager.
- Follow sanitary practices for food handling, cooking and general cleaning of the facility. Adhere to the Illinois Department of Public Health and DuPage County Health Department requirements for food handling.
- Respond quickly to customer needs.
- Monitor inventory of supplies and equipment for Concession Shift Supervisor.
- Maintain safe, clean and friendly environment for co-workers and customers
- Respond appropriately to emergencies inside the facility and surrounding area.
- Maintain a proactive approach to safety and risk management. Assist with required health department inspections.
- Demonstrate and support park district customer service standards.
- Follow district and departmental safety, personnel, and administrative policies, procedures and ordinances.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of emergency and water safety procedures.
- General knowledge of customer service and food handling.
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and as a team.
- Ability to operate kitchen grill/fryer and tools.
- Must be 16 years old.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in food operations or related field.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, Illinois Food Handler’s Certification within one (1) month of date of hire.
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Exposure to heat from appliances. Exposure to smoke, steam, cleaning chemicals, food and odors.
- Subject to modified/flexible work schedule.
- Ability to move from site to site.
- Regularly lift, carry and/or move object(s) weighing < than 30 lbs. Lifting assistance is required when lifting ≥ than 30 lbs.
- Ability to perform prolonged lifting, stooping, bending, twisting and climbing for extended periods of time.
- Ability to sustain posture in a standing position for prolonged periods of time.