Part Time, Mostly Saturdays, Some Sundays and occasional weekdays(if needed)
The Youth Basketball Scorekeeper is a part time position that reports directly to the Youth Basketball Coordinator and is the Park District’s on site representative during league play. The Scorekeeper maintains the official scorebook for all league games and acts as a liaison between game participants, spectators, coaches, referees and the Youth Basketball Coordinator. The Scorekeeper makes timely reports to the Youth Basketball Coordinator regarding game results and reportable incidents.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Acts as the Park District’s on site representative during league play.
- Reports promptly for work dressed appropriately, wearing Naperville Park District shirt.
- Collects lineups, including first and last names, from each coach ten minutes before game time.
- Keeps neat and accurate records in the official scorebook for each game.
- Promptly reports game results to the Youth Basketball Coordinator.
- Completes accident reports in a timely manner.
- Provides access to First Aid kits.
- Promptly reports accidents, injuries, protests and other unusual incidents to the Youth Basketball Coordinator.
- Maintains a key to the score boards and ensures all Park District property is properly secured at the end of the shift.
- Reports to the Youth Basketball Coordinator all issues affecting play that require immediate attention, including referee absences, and any other issues.
- Records and communicates any difficult situations or behaviors to Youth Basketball Coordinator immediately.
- Promptly and accurately reports work hours in E-time.
- Attends all mandatory meetings and training clinics.
- Performs all other tasks and duties as assigned.
- Demonstrates and supports park district customer service standards.
- Follows district and departmental safety, personnel, and administrative policies, procedures and ordinances.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Distributes written communication as necessary or requested by the Park District. Assists the Youth Basketball Coordinator by reporting safety issues and reporting inventory in need of repair or replacement.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Basic knowledge/understanding of the game of basketball
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed
Education and Experience:
- Must be at least 16 years old
- Requires ability to work weeknights and occasional Sundays during the season.
- Work is subject to indoor conditions, noise and other environmental conditions.
- Requires occasional lifting of light/medium objects weighing up to 20-30 pounds.