Monday - Thursday 9:00am - 12:00pm or 12:00pm - 2:30pm
Under the direct supervision of the Program Manager and Early Childhood Coordinator, the Early Childhood Camp Counselor is a part time position responsible for the supervision of program participants and implementation of on-site activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise program participants.
- Implement sports, group games and arts & craft activities for program participants.
- Maintain park district and school district equipment and facility in a clean and orderly manner.
- Communicate effectively with participants, parents and staff regarding rule infractions, questions and concerns.
- Administer minor first aid as necessary.
- Demonstrate and support park district customer service standards.
- Follow district and departmental safety, personnel, and administrative policies, procedures and ordinances.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Distribute written communication to program participants as necessary.
- Notify Early Childhood Coordinator when supplies need to be ordered or restocked.
- Record and communicate any difficult situations or behaviors to Program Manager immediately.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of a variety of sports, group games and arts & craft activities
- Ability to teach sports, group games and arts & craft activities to program participants.
- Demonstrate creativity in delivery of sports, group games and arts & craft activities.
- Demonstrates excellent customer service and leadership skills.
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
- Ability to supervise and instruct program participants of varying ages and abilities.
Education and Experience:
- Must have experience working with children.
- Must have experience in a variety of sports, group games and arts & craft activities.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Subject to modified/flexible work schedule.
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Ability to occasionally lift light weight (20 lbs.) objects.