$25.00/hour + DOQ
Monday-Sunday - as scheduled
Classes: Zumba, BodyCombat, BodyJam.
Under the general supervision of the Group Fitness Coordinator, the Group Fitness Instructor is a part time position responsible for planning and instructing group exercise class(es) to all levels and abilities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Arrive 15 min before class to prepare equipment and music for class.
- Demonstrate appropriate exercise techniques and skills to participants in the program and provide a variety of exercises and movements to accommodate participants’ different levels of fitness and ability.
- Ensure instruction of group exercise classes is current with industry standards and in accordance with a professional fitness certifying organization.
- Remain knowledgeable of class format and follow safety guidelines.
- Inspect facility, equipment and activity areas for safety; report and correct any unsafe conditions.
- Promptly report accidents/incidents to the Group Fitness Coordinator and Fitness Center Manager. Accurately complete accident/incident reports in a timely manner.
- Document all participants for each class, submit accurate records.
- Instruct assigned classes and make necessary arrangements to find a substitute when needed.
- Maintain group fitness instructor and CPR/AED certification and provide accurate documentation.
- Promote program in a positive and motivating fashion.
- Demonstrate and support park district customer service standards.
- Maintain a proactive approach to safety and risk management. Participate in the creation, implementation and evaluation of sound risk management policies and procedures. Report all accidents and incidents in a timely manner. Conduct timely accident investigations, complete accurate and timely accident and incident reports. Work collaboratively with the HR Department on claims. Is prepared for and cooperative during the loss control review process and PDRMA field visits.
- Follow and model compliance with all District, State, Federal and departmental safety and risk management, personnel, administrative policies and procedures, ordinances and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of fitness programming, exercise and human physiology.
- Ability to demonstrate skills and techniques used in fitness and exercise conditioning.
- Ability to communicate with and instruct adults.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and organization skills.
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and creativity.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (i.e., professional ability to attend to customer needs).
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Certifications in one or more of the following required: ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NASM, and NSCA or another NCCA accredited organization.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR & AED certification within three (3) months of date of hire.
- Subject to modified/flexible work schedule.
- Subject to inside and outdoor environmental conditions.
- Ability to occasionally lift light weight (20 lbs.) objects.