$16.00 - $18.00/hr
Monday - Thursday: 9:00am - 1:00pm
Under the direct supervision of the Program Coordinator, the Day Camp Director is a part time position responsible for the supervision of program staff and participants and implementation of on-site activities.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise program participants and staff.
- Schedule sports, group games, and arts & craft activities for program participants.
- Maintain park district and school district equipment and facility in a clean and orderly manner.
- Attend all training meetings at the start of the season.
- Attend all staff meetings throughout the season as necessary.
- Assist with the evaluation of staff at the end of the year and monitor staff performance throughout the year.
- Work cooperatively with fellow staff members to obtain the goals and objectives of the program.
- Communicate expectations to staff and reinforce expectations throughout the year.
- Communicate effectively with participants, parents, and staff regarding rule infractions, questions, and concerns.
- Maintain current inventory.
- Administer minor first aid as necessary.
- Maintain on-going open communication with Program Coordinator and Program Manager.
- Maintain on-going open communication with Day Camp Lead Counselors daily.
- Inform parents about participant injuries or behavior concerns daily during participant pick-up.
- Demonstrate and support park district customer service standards.
- Follow district and departmental safety, personnel, and administrative policies, procedures, and ordinances.
- Provide direction to staff by delegating responsibilities.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Act as role model to all staff in interactions with children and parents.
- Distribute written communication to program participants as necessary.
- Notify Program Coordinator when supplies need to be ordered or restocked.
- Record and communicate any difficult situations or behaviors to Program Coordinator immediately.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of a variety of sports, group games, and arts & craft activities.
- Ability to teach sports, group games, and arts & craft activities to program participants.
- Demonstrate creativity in delivery of sports, group games, and arts & craft activities.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and leadership skills.
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
- Ability to supervise and instruct program participants of varying ages and abilities.
- Ability to supervise staff, including addressing performance concerns.
- Ability to work independently in day-to-day operations with general direction from supervisor.
- Ability to make wise decisions quickly when situations arise.
- Demonstrate dependability, patience, and concern for others.
- Demonstrate leadership by taking initiative and delegating responsibilities to staff.
- Demonstrate strong organizational skills.
Education and Experience:
- Must have experience working with children.
- Must have experience in a variety of sports, group games, and arts & craft activities.
- Must have Naperville Park District day camp experience.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Subject to modified/flexible work schedule.
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time.
- Ability to lift light to medium weight (20-50 lbs.) objects.
- Must obtain CPR/First Aid certification prior to the start of camp.
- Must be available to attend training meetings.