Part Time; Monday-Saturday, hours vary. 25-30 hours per week.
IMRF (pension), Referral Bonus, facility discounts
The Gymnastics Coordinator reports to the Program Manager and is responsible for assistance with developing, planning, organizing, and evaluating the District’s gymnastics programs, facilities and events.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee the day to day coordination of the Gymnastics Program including but not limited to developing, planning, organizing, and managing gymnastics programs, facilities and events subject to the needs and interests of the community, and in support of the District’s mission, vision and core values.
- Evaluate gymnastics programs, facilities and events, and formulate recommendations to improve offerings.
- Work closely with the Program Manager to identify strategic initiatives, establish direction, and further develop gymnastics offerings. Evaluate and continually improve processes and procedures to increase participation and customer satisfaction.
- Screen applicants, interview potential candidates, and select staff for gymnastics positions. Orient and provide training for new hires and rehires. Ensure the accurate and timely completion of all new hire and re-hire paperwork
- Directly oversee the Early Childhood Daytime Gymnastics Supervisor.
- Complete performance appraisals on an annual basis for direct reports.
- Coach and develop staff on an on-going basis. Communicate job expectations. Provide training opportunities. Administer appropriate praise and discipline.
- Schedule staff to ensure an adequate level of coverage.
- Inspect, inventory, and initiate requests for repairs on program equipment and supplies. Inspect gymnastics equipment and maintain documentation of inspections.
- Ensure compliance with program outcomes and assist with developing specific goals and objectives related to improvement of programs and events.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with customers, vendors, community partners and co-workers. Support and maintain the District’s customer service standards.
- Follow and model compliance with all District, State, Federal and departmental safety and risk management, personnel, administrative policies and procedures, ordinances and regulations.
- Maintain a proactive approach to safety and risk management. Participate in the creation, implementation and evaluation of sound risk management policies and procedures. Report all accidents and incidents in a timely manner. Assist with accident investigations, complete accurate and timely accident and incident reports. Work collaboratively with the HR Department on claims. Is prepared for and cooperative during the loss control review process and PDRMA field visits.
- Monitor and manage waitlists using Active Net registration software.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Program Manager with preparing information for the District’s program guides and website, assist Marketing Department in the design and development of flyers, posters, brochures, and email marketing materials and distribute appropriately.
- Assist the Program Manager with the development of annual program budgets and yearend projections as outlined in the annual budget calendar.
- Act as a role model to all staff regarding interaction with participants and parents and instruction of programs.
- Ensure proper gymnastics instruction and use of equipment is performed by instructors, including spotting and use of stretching techniques.
- Maintain on-going, open communication with Program Manager.
- Record and communicate any difficult situations or behaviors to Program Manager and parents
- Substitute as an instructor for programs as needed.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of the operation and maintenance of gymnastic programs and equipment.
- Demonstrate exceptional customer service and leadership skills.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (i.e., professional ability to attend to customer needs).
- Demonstrate good judgment, initiative, flexibility and creativity.
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills.
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Products (Word and Excel)
Education and Experience:
- Must have a minimum of 2 years of experience teaching or coaching gymnastics.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Experience coordinating a gymnastics program is preferred.
- Experience running a gymnastics gym is preferred.
- Regularly lift, carry and/or move object(s) weighing < than 30 lbs. Lifting assistance is required when lifting > than 30 lbs.
- Subject to modified/flexible work schedules.
- Manual dexterity to manipulate recreation program equipment.
- Manual dexterity to successfully spot gymnastics participants on equipment.
- Frequent manipulation of assigned office equipment.