$22.00 - $24.00/hr
April & May: Approximately 5-10 hours/week (beach set up and training).
Memorial Day - Labor Day: Approximately 35 hours/week., schedules vary weekly.
Under the general supervision of the Aquatics Manager, the Beach Manager position is responsible for the day-to-day management of the Centennial Beach operation. Major duties include the supervision and management of staff, administrative duties, customer service functions and mechanical systems monitoring.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise staff by hiring, communicating job expectations, coaching, disciplining, and appraising duties and responsibilities.
- Develop, organize, and implement Centennial Beach-specific training.
- Maintain records and prepare daily activity reports.
- Maintain open communication with Aquatics Manager regarding all facility operations. Work collaboratively with the Aquatics Manager, Assistant Beach Managers, Grill Manager and Head Guards to evaluate and continually improve processes and procedures.
- Assist with cash control handling operations. Follow all park district policies related to proper cash handling procedures including balancing cash and preparing appropriate reports (i.e., daily cash statements, receipts, and deposits).
- Foster a team environment among staff working in various positions of Centennial Beach operations.
- Report computer software concerns to Information Technology Department.
- Assign and schedule employees for specific duties and daily tasks.
- Verify employee hours and submit for payroll processing on a bi-weekly basis.
- Monitor inventories and order required merchandise and supplies for use at Centennial Beach.
- Assist with public safety emergencies within the direct vicinity of Centennial Beach.
- Exercise prompt and professional judgment in administering rule enforcement for those who violate Centennial Beach safety rules.
- Anticipate, recognize, and manage aquatic emergencies.
- 14. Evaluate and maintain a safe, clean and friendly environment for guests, staff and the general public.
- Advocate a proactive approach to safety and risk management. Assist with the annual loss control review process, aquatic audits and required health department inspections.
- Monitor all Centennial Beach rentals.
- Monitor daily chemical testing and report any issues to supervisor and the Trades Department.
- Conduct all personnel matters and business issues in a confidential and professional manner.
- Demonstrate, enforce and support park district customer service standards. Follow and model compliance with all District, State, Federal and departmental safety and risk management, personnel, administrative policies and procedures, ordinances and regulations.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to customer inquiries and comments in a timely fashion.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Assist the Aquatics Manager with the daily supervision of the recreation programs held at Centennial Beach.
- Maintain continuity of processes and procedures amongst the Beach staff and the organization.
- Maintain open lines of communication between Beach staff and the organization as a whole.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (i.e., professional ability to attend to customer needs).
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
- General knowledge of Windows-based software.
- Ability to learn new software.
- General knowledge of aquatic safety, liability, and risk management practices.
- Demonstrate multi-tasking and troubleshooting skills.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum two (2) years of experience in aquatics supervision, management or customer service.
- Pool Operator certification or Aquatic Facility Operator certification preferred.
- National Pool Lifeguarding certification preferred.
- Subject to modified/flexible work schedule during high volume work periods.
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Ability to lift or carry medium weight (50 lbs.) objects.