$25.00 - $29.00/hr
Spring & Fall: Monday-Thursday 3:30pm – 9:30pm, Saturday 7:30am-2:30pm, Sunday 12:00pm-8:30pm.
Summer: Monday-Friday 8:00am-2:30pm, Monday-Thursday 3:30pm – 9:30pm,, Saturday 7:30 am-2:30pm, Sunday 12:00pm-8:30pm
Under the direct supervision of the Tennis Coordinator, the Certified Tennis Instructor is a part time position responsible for teaching tennis to program participants through the implementation of on-site activities and instruction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Supervise program participants from arrival to dismissal.
- Take attendance and maintain records for Tennis Coordinator.
- Implement tennis activities and provide instruction to participants regarding specific activities.
- Direct activities of Assistant Tennis Instructors.
- Design and adhere to daily lesson plan as approved by Tennis Coordinator.
- Maintain park district and school district equipment and facility in a clean and orderly manner.
- Communicate effectively with participants, parents and staff regarding rule infractions, questions and concerns.
- Conduct first aid procedures as necessary.
- Demonstrate and support park district customer service standards.
- Follow district and departmental safety, personnel, and administrative policies, procedures and ordinances.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Distribute written communication as necessary or requested by the park district.
- Notify Tennis Coordinator when supplies need to be ordered or restocked.
- Record and communicate any difficult situations or behaviors to the Tennis Coordinator immediately.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of specific activity.
- Ability to instruct participants in specific activities and skills.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service and leadership skills.
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have experience working with children.
- Must have tennis teaching experience.
- Must maintain current certification by one or more of the following:
- USPTA (United States Professional Tennis Association)
- PTR (Professional Tennis Registry)
- USTA Cardio-Tennis
- MTM -Modern Tennis Methodology
- Other National Certifications appropriate to the program being taught
- Subject to modified/flexible work schedule, including weekend and evening hours.
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Ability to occasionally lift light to medium weight (20-50 lbs.) objects.
- Must provide own tennis racket and footwear.