$70,000/yr + DOQ
Monday-Friday 10:00am - 6:30pm
Full Job Description
The Naperville Park District seeks an Network/Systems Administrator to join our team. This position reports to the Director of I.T. and plays a key role in maintaining the technology infrastructure, including the network, servers, and phone system, along with providing support to our 300 end users. The successful candidate will oversee established systems and will participate in upcoming projects including M365 migration, IT Security audit and improvements, and server upgrades. This position is also responsible for researching, evaluating, and making recommendations; liaising with vendors; and providing high level technical support for assigned systems. Ability to respond to user calls and system issues after hours and on weekends is required.
The District offers a variety of means to assist in striking work life balance including but not limited to a free fitness membership, free Centennial Beach membership, golf benefits, generous time off benefits, IMRF pension, 457 plan, PPO and HMO health insurance plans, dental insurance, vision insurance, and life insurance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation for non-business hour’s support of critical network infrastructure.
- Provide advanced technical support for staff on computers, office equipment and telecommunications.
- Perform firmware, application, and operating system patches/upgrades in both test and live environments.
- Maintain network LAN/WAN infrastructure including switches, routers, bridges, firewalls, load balancers, access points, and network appliances.
- Assist with maintaining and monitoring camera-based security systems and card access systems
- Manage Cisco CallManager phone system operations (voicemail, troubleshooting, configuration, maintenance, and reports)
- Assist with back-end server and infrastructure management.
- Manage and deploy server solutions.
- Troubleshoot back-end server and infrastructure issues.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of multi-platform operating systems, such as Windows, MS Office Suite, Visio, Windows Server, Exchange Server, SQL Server, Unitrends Backup and Recovery, EMC SourceOne, VMware VSphere and Horizon, Cisco Call Manager/Unity/UCCX, Checkpoint, Report Exec
- In-depth knowledge of Server and PC hardware components and troubleshooting
- Ability to work in accordance with a high ethical standard.
- Ability to demonstrate advanced knowledge and expertise with all aspects of routing and switching to include advanced IP routing, NAT, security, inter-VLAN routing, 802.1Q, root/nonroot bridges, spanning-tree, access-lists, IPSEC and GRE VPN tunnels
- Management of Virtual Environment: both servers and desktops
- Log management
- This position is subject to a post offer physical.