$13.00 - $14.00/hr
Part Time; Hours vary
Monday – Friday – 8:30am-2:00pm
Monday – Friday – 4:00pm-7:30pm
The Gymnastics Instructor I is a part time position responsible for providing introductory through intermediate level gymnastics instruction. This position is under the direct supervision of the Gymnastics Coordinator.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and monitor small groups of participants in gymnastics activities.
- Provide a safe and positive environment for all participants.
- Instructors must have the ability to inspect and secure gymnastics equipment.
- Spot participants while performing gymnastics.
- Demonstrate fundamental gymnastics skills.
- Assume responsibility for participants until released to a parent or designated caregiver. Maintain awareness of each participant.
- Demonstrate and support park district customer service standards.
- Follow district and departmental safety, personnel, and administrative policies, procedures and ordinances.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work cooperatively with fellow teachers to help obtain the goals and objectives of the program.
- Record and retain accident and incident reports. Provide copies to the Program Manager immediately.
- Distribute written communications to participants and/or parents as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (i.e., professional ability to attend to customer needs).
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
- Ability to relate sensitively to parents and participants.
- Ability to teach introductory through intermediate skill level classes.
Education and Experience:
- Prior experience in gymnastics is preferred.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR certification within six (6) weeks of date of hire.
- Must be at least 14 years old.
- Must be able to provide a work permit if under 16 years old.
- Subject to modified/flexible work schedule.
- Requires the ability to position, manipulate and shape participants with weights ranging from 30-150 pounds.