Part time, Year Round -Weekday evenings and weekends
Under the general supervision of the Water Polo Coordinator, the Water Polo Coach is responsible for conducting of a water polo program aimed at increasing safety and swimming and water polo instruction.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Instruct and demonstrate appropriate water polo skills to participants.
- Coordinate and prepare water polo practice workouts.
- Enforce all rules and regulations as assigned by the Coordinator.
- Complete appropriate certificates and reports for individual participants before the end of each session.
- Report any equipment or resource needs to Coordinator.
- Maintain a high level of readiness and preparedness in handling any emergency situation.
- Maintain a proactive approach to safety and risk management.
- Demonstrate and support park district customer service standards.
- Follow district and departmental safety, personnel, and administrative policies, procedures and ordinances.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Display professionalism with parents and participants.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- Respond quickly to customer complaints or inquiries and phone calls, either directly or through the Aquatics Manager.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (i.e., professional ability to attend to participant and parent needs).
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
- Knowledge in proper training and development of participant’s water polo skills.
- Demonstrate promptness and advanced preparation.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum one (1) year of experience as an instructor preferred.
- Ability to lift light to medium weight (20-50 lbs.) objects.
- Must be at least 15 years old.
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Entrance into the water on as needed basis required.
- Appropriate swimsuit required.
- Ability to sustain posture in a standing position for prolonged periods of time.