Monday - Friday 9:00am-2:00pm
The Early Childhood Daytime Gymnastics Instructor is a part time position responsible for providing introductory gymnastics and movement instruction. This position is under the Early Childhood Daytime Gymnastics Supervisor
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Lead and monitor small groups of participants in gymnastics activities.
- Provide a safe and positive environment for all participants.
- Inspect and secure gymnastics equipment.
- Spot participants while performing gymnastics.
- Assume responsibility for participants until released to a parent or designated caregiver. Maintain awareness of each participant.
- Demonstrate and support park district customer service standards.
- Follow district and departmental safety, personnel, and administrative policies, procedures and ordinances.
- Promptly report accidents and incidents to the Supervisor.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work cooperatively with fellow teachers to help obtain the goals and objectives of the program.
- Distribute written communications to participants and/or parents as necessary.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (i.e., professional ability to attend to customer needs).
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
- Ability to relate sensitively to parents and early childhood aged participants.
- Ability to teach the early childhood age group in introductory skills.
Education and Experience:
- Experience in early childhood or child care experience.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR certification within six (6) weeks of date of hire.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Requires the ability to position, manipulate and shape participants with weights ranging from 30-80 pounds.