$20 - $25/hr
Part Time; varies
The Personal Trainer is a part time position responsible for fitness assessment, training development and performing training sessions. This position is under the supervision of the Fitness Coordinator.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Create customized plans for clients, maintaining training sessions in written form.
- Provide exceptional customer service; on time for clients and is prepared for the session.
- Perform equipment orientations for new members.
- Demonstrate appropriate exercise techniques and skills to clients and remains current with industry standards and trends.
- Provide energetic, professional instruction that is current with industry standards and in accordance with a professional fitness certifying organization.
- Maintain national certification and CPR/AED certification and provide accurate documentation.
- Inspect facility, equipment and activity areas for safety; report and correct any unsafe conditions.
- Communicate with clients in a professional and timely manner.
- Promote program in a positive and motivating fashion.
- Demonstrate and support park district customer service standards.
- Maintain a proactive approach to safety and risk management. Participate in the creation, implementation and evaluation of sound risk management policies and procedures. Report all accidents and incidents in a timely manner. Conduct timely accident investigations, complete accurate and timely accident and incident reports. Work collaboratively with the HR Department on claims. Is prepared for and cooperative during the loss control review process and PDRMA field visits.
- Follow and model compliance with all District, State, Federal and departmental safety and risk management, personnel, administrative policies and procedures, ordinances and regulations.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of fitness programming, exercise and human physiology.
- Ability to demonstrate skills and techniques used in fitness and exercise conditioning.
- Ability to communicate with and instruct adults and youth.
- Demonstrate attention to detail and organization skills.
- Demonstrate initiative, flexibility and creativity.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (i.e., professional ability to attend to customer needs).
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelors Degree in a related field preferred.
- More than 2 years experience in personal training or related fitness field required.
- Certifications in one or more of the following preferred: ACE, ACSM, AFAA, NASM, NSCA or another NCCA accredited organization.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR, AED and First Aid certification within three (3) months of date of hire.
- Subject to modified/flexible work schedule.
- Subject to inside and outdoor environmental conditions.
- Ability to occasionally lift light weight (45 lbs.) objects.