Part time, year round; hours vary
The Fitness Attendant position is a part-time position responsible for providing outstanding customer service, check-in of members, monitoring the fitness floor and cleanliness of the fitness equipment and locker room. This position is under the general supervision of the Fitness Coordinator.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provide exceptional customer service by greeting, thanking and using member names.
- Conduct tours for new and potential members.
- Assist members with fitness equipment while concentrating on proper form.
- Learn each machine, the purpose and muscles used. Educate members regarding fitness equipment.
- Clean fitness equipment and organize the fitness floor.
- Successfully operate computer software packages utilized by the Park District in order to assist customers.
- Ensure confidential use of customer information, including health related paperwork and household account information.
- Respond quickly to customer complaints or inquiries.
- Monitor inventory of supplies and equipment. Report needed items to Fitness Coordinator or Activity Center Manager.
- Respond appropriately to emergencies inside the facility and surrounding area.
- Maintain a safe, clean and friendly environment for members and guests.
- Demonstrate and support park district customer service standards.
- Maintain a proactive approach to safety and risk management. Participate in the creation, implementation and evaluation of sound risk management policies and procedures. Report all accidents and incidents in a timely manner. Conduct timely accident investigations, complete accurate and timely accident and incident reports. Work collaboratively with the HR Department on claims. Is prepared for and cooperative during the loss control review process and PDRMA field visits.
- Follow and model compliance with all District, State, Federal and departmental safety and risk management, personnel, administrative policies and procedures, ordinances and regulations.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of fitness basics.
- Ability to demonstrate skills and techniques used in fitness and exercise conditioning.
- Ability to communicate with and instruct adults and youth.
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills (i.e., professional ability to attend to customer needs).
- Demonstrate initiative and professionalism.
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- A minimum of 19 years of age.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, CPR, AED and First Aid certification within three (3) months of date of hire.
- Ability to lift 45 lb weight plates.
- Subject to modified/flexible work schedule.