$12.00hr + DOQ
Monday - Sunday: 10:00AM - 10:00PM, schedules vary weekly.
Under the general supervision of the Food and Beverage Manager and Concession Shift Supervisor, the Concession Attendant position is responsible for the day-to-day frontline food service operation at Centennial Grill and the Riverwalk Café. This position will provide fast, efficient and safe food and beverage service to customers, ensuring the consistent delivery of quality menu items, and responding quickly to customer needs. Major duties include food preparation, service, sanitation, money handling and customer inquiries. This position has shifts at both Centennial Grill and the Riverwalk Café.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide an exceptional customer service experience for visitors. Maintain a full knowledge of food and beverage items available for purchase.
- Take food and beverage orders from customers through use of the point of sale system as well as to-go orders. Present customer with an accurate bill for their purchase, receive payment, and ensure proper cash and credit card handling. Ensure confidential use of customer information, including credit card transactions.
- Follow all park district procedures related to proper cash handling, including balancing cash, preparing reports, receipts and deposits.
- Report any issues with computers and to-go orders to the Shift Supervisor or Food and Beverage Manager.
- Follow sanitary practices for food handling, maintenance of dining areas and general cleaning of the facility. Adhere to the Illinois Department of Public Health, DuPage County Health Department, City of Naperville and State of Illinois requirements for food handling.
- Promptly involve the Concession Shift Supervisor or Food and Beverage Manager to address operational or customer concerns.
- Prepare food, condiments, and support items needed for shift.
- Ensure a clean atmosphere at all times. Assist with cleaning the kitchen, dining locations, and to-go areas, to include dish washing.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with residents, customers, and co-workers. Ensure effective communication.
- Follow and model compliance with all District, State, Federal and departmental safety and risk management, personnel, administrative policies and procedures, ordinances and regulations.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- General knowledge of customer service and food handling.
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
- Attention to detail and thoroughness.
- Must have cheerful disposition and a pleasant personality.
- Ability to communicate effectively.
- Ability to work with co-workers and be viewed as a team player.
- General knowledge of emergency and safety procedures.
- Ability to operate kitchen machinery and tools.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum one (1) year of experience in food operations or related field preferred.
- Experience with different types of tender, credit cards and other point of sale items is preferred.
- Possession of, or ability to obtain, Illinois Food Handler’s Certification within one (1) month of date of hire.
- Must be 16 years old.
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Exposure to heat from appliances. Exposure to smoke, steam, cleaning chemicals, food and odors.
- Subject to modified/flexible work schedule including evenings and weekends.
- Ability to lift or carry light to medium weight (20 lbs. to 50 lbs.) objects and perform team lifts or assistive devices for heavy items.
- Ability to perform prolonged lifting, stooping, bending, twisting and climbing, cleaning for extended periods of time.
- Ability to perform job duties for prolonged periods of time.