Monday - Friday 7:00am - 3pm
Full Time- Year Round- Benefit Eligible
Under the direct supervision of the Parks Department Managers and Director of Parks, the Administrative Assistant performs a variety of managerial, analytical, administrative and customer service functions along with other support duties for the Parks Department and the Parks managers.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receive work requests, log labor hours, process work orders, payroll duties and other data input as required.
- Review and assign p-card transactions and compile receipts for monthly billing statements. Process purchase requisitions for payment and maintain petty cash distributions.
- Prepare bids and requests for proposal, bid pick-ups and drop-offs from contractors, and the overall bidding process
- Manage contracts with various outside vendors.
- Answer phone calls and maintain communication channels with other offices and support staff members.
- Receive deliveries of parts and equipment and maintain inventory.
- Order and maintain inventory for staff uniforms.
- Gather information necessary to prepare and update budgets, reports, proposals, and records.
- Create reports, spreadsheets, presentations, and perform requested analysis of data.
- Apply for and maintain permits from outside agencies.
- Coordinate and administer support for all department projects.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with residents, customers, vendors, community partners and co-workers.
- Respond to internal and external customer inquiries, complaints, and information requests within a 24 hour time frame.
- Comply with District Financial Policies and communicate budgetary requests to the supervisor.
- Follow and model compliance with all District, State, Federal and departmental safety and risk management, personnel, administrative policies and procedures, ordinances and regulations.
- Maintain a proactive approach to safety and risk management. Report all accidents, incidents and unsafe conditions in a timely manner.
- Ensure confidential use of customer information, including credit card transactions and household accounts.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Attend professional conferences, workshops and seminars as they pertain to the position to stay current with new ideas, developments and techniques.
- Review administrative processes, improve practices and procedures to maximize efficiencies and recommend changes for the good of the whole.
- Assist in training and cross-training department staff on job specific skills and procedures.
- Compile and edit internal and external correspondence using professional business standards.
- Other duties and responsibilities that may be required for the position.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated knowledge of office procedures, methods and computer equipment.
- Microsoft Office Suite proficient.
- Knowledge of principles and procedures of recordkeeping.
- Type at a rate of 50 words per minute.
- Work independently in the absence of supervision, and handle multiple job tasks in an office environment.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, bilingual in Spanish and English preferred.
- Ability to multitask and work in a team atmosphere, which promotes positive and effective working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Ability to organize, gather and retain a large volume of information for use in assisting internal and external customers.
- Ability to address complaints and resolve concerns across a diverse population and large spectrum of demographics.
- Strong math aptitude.
Education and Experience:
- Associates degree with business emphasis preferred.
- Additional specialized business or administrative course work is desirable
- At least five years of experience of varied administrative experience or similar position.
- Experience with a maintenance management information system (MMIS) preferred.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Potential to work in multiple locations and ability to move from site to site.
- Occasional exposure to pesticides, exhaust fumes, chemicals, dust, dirt, insect bites and loud noises.
- Requires flexibility of work schedule during high volume work periods.
- Sustained posture in a seated or standing position for prolonged periods of time.
- Continuous exposure to computer screens.
- Frequent manipulation of various pieces of office equipment.
- Lifting to occasionally lift, carry and move light weight objects (20 lbs.).
- Face to face interactions with internal and external customers and co-workers are essential for this position. It is expected that this position report to their workspace/office as scheduled. Exceptions may be made on a case by case basis for this position to work remotely for a short period of time on a temporary basis.