Multiple shifts available
1) Monday 1:00 pm-6:00 pm, Friday 8:30 am-1:00 pm, Sunday 8:30 am-1:00 pm
2) Tuesday & Thursday 8:30 am-1:30 pm, Saturday 8:30 am-1:00 pm
3) Tuesday & Thursday 12:00 pm-5:30 pm, Saturday 12:30 pm - 6:30 pm
4) Thursday 6:00-10:00pm & Saturday 12:30pm -7:00pm
Under the direct supervision of the Customer Service Manager, the Customer Service Associate I performs a variety of customer service functions relating to membership sales, activity registration, facility rentals, program communication and facility service-desk duties.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist customers on the phone, in person, and in written form with all processes and questions providing an exceptional customer service experience and promoting Park District services and facilities.
- Successfully operate multiple computer software packages simultaneously in order to assist customers.
- Ensure confidential use of customer information, including credit card transactions and household account information.
- Assist customers with and complete all necessary phases of activity registration, facility booking, membership sales and point of sale transactions.
- Successfully balance receipts, reconcile transactions and prepare daily bank deposits.
- Inform participants of waitlist availability, class cancellations or changes via phone and email.
- Assist customers with facility rentals and process application permits according to District, department and General Use Ordinance procedures.
- Establish and maintain a positive working relationship with residents, customers, vendors, community partners and co-workers.
- Comply with District financial policies. Communicate budgetary requests to supervisor.
- Act as a resource agent for community by taking initiative to seek and share information.
- Follow and model compliance with all District, State, Federal and departmental safety and risk management, personnel, administrative policies and procedures, ordinances and regulations.
- Maintain a proactive approach to safety and risk management. Report all accidents, incidents and unsafe conditions in a timely manner.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Respond to all customer comments and questions in a timely fashion.
- Respond appropriately to safety and emergency situations.
- Follow all necessary procedures to open and/or close facility spaces.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Excellent telephone technique, etiquette and high volume handling skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to professionally attend to the needs of customers. Address complaints and resolve concerns as needed.
- Handle confidential situations in a professional manner.
- Strong command of the English language and proper grammar.
- Ability to work with a diverse population and large spectrum of demographics.
- Ability to organize, gather and retain a large volume of information for use in assisting internal and external customers.
- Acquire excellent knowledge of all internal departments.
- Strong math aptitude– in reconciling daily work, preparing deposits, etc.
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
- Display initiative and independent thinking skills.
- Experience with different types of tender, credit cards and other point of sale items beneficial.
- Ability to multi-task and be an effective team member in a fast-paced environment.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum one (1) year customer service experience preferred.
- Must be 16 years of age or older.
- Requires flexibility of work schedule to accommodate Park District facility hours, rentals, programs and events.
- Must be available to work weekend rotations and some evenings.
- Subject to inside environmental conditions.
- Sustained posture in a seated or standing position for prolonged periods of time.
- Continuous exposure to computer screens.
- Occasionally lift, carry and move light weight objects (20 lbs.)
- Ability to travel to and work at all Naperville Park District public facilities.