$15/hr + DOQ
Monday-Friday; flexible schedules, summer and fall availability preferred . Some weekends and holidays required during season.
The Golf Maintenance II position is responsible for routine maintenance work and mowing involved in the care and upkeep of the golf course and clubhouse grounds. This position commonly works over 30 hours.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Maintenance of golf course areas (i.e., mowing, weeding, divot repair, trash removal).
- Maintenance of sand bunkers (i.e., power and hand raking, weeding, edging).
- Maintenance of ornamental beds, shrubs, and trees (i.e., planting, watering, weeding, mulching, pruning).
- Operation and maintenance of small maintenance vehicles, mowers, string trimmers and other small equipment.
- Mow golf course grounds using reel and rotary riding mowers.
- Help in project work (i.e., assist in the construction of new greens, tees and fairways; grade and prepare soil base; lay sod; seed tees, greens, fairways and other turf areas).
- Demonstrate and support park district customer service standards.
- Follow district and departmental safety, personnel, and administrative policies, procedures and ordinances.
Other Duties and Responsibilities:
- Clean and maintain golf course facilities and equipment.
- Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to follow oral and written directions.
- Ability to operate riding mowers, maintenance utility vehicles, small power equipment and hand tools safely.
Education and Experience:
- One (1) year previous grounds maintenance work required.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Subject to modified/flexible work schedule during high volume work periods.
- Must be available on weekends and holidays.
- Subject to both inside and outside environmental conditions.
- Ability to occasionally lift heavy weight (>50 lbs.) objects.